Saturday, May 21, 2011

Browning Onions

Okay so I was called to dinner right. I looked at the plates and saw beef steak, carrots and onion. Cool. So I went to the drawer to grab forks and knives. Sat down with my mum and bro at the table. *tries some onion* hmm :\ I tell my mum that the onions are too raw. She then gets in a pissed mood straightaway and denies that they are too raw. "They're cooked, there's water coming out of them > :( "
Me: *chuckles out of disbelief* Are you serious? If they're cooked properly, they'd go brown.
Her: (aggressively) Who has more experience huh? These ones don't go brown. (or some lie like that)
Me: Are you serious? These onions suck then. *picks plate up to cook them*
Her: Hey! Stop! Stop eating! > . >
Me: I'll cook it myself.
Her: Don't cook! Don't eat it! I spent a lot of effort cleaning the stovetop. I don't want to do it again.
Me: I'll clean it.
Her: Pfft clean? You don't do anything!
Me: *disbelief* Really?? (I wash the dishes everyday, take out rubbish, vacuum etc)
Her: > . >
Me: ... *eats carrots instead*
Bro puts his plate in the sink. My mum later goes to put her plate in the sink, but I notice that she hasn't eaten her onions.
Me: (thinking "lol...") Why don't you eat your onions?
My mum: > :(
Me: ? ...
I cook the onions until they're brown. My mum goes past.
Me: (referring to the cooked onions) Now ~that's~ what I'm talking about!
Mum: ugh.. annoying bitch > . >
Me: (thinking "lol... you think I'm stupid? And you're allowed to complain about me all the time and I'm not allowed to complain about you once? That is so fair.")

2 comments:

Doctor.WHo said...

Oh dear - I don't like raw onions either. Actually, if you observe carefully, onions get cooked when they start to go translucent/more transparent. You don't actually need to make them brown to get them cooked. Why don't you give it a try?

Jess said...

Don't like :p, tastes raw to me