Saturday, May 9, 2009

Let's Forget the Shit

I see the ugliness in life. The bullshit, superficiality and pain.
But let's not fail to see the beauty all around us.

It's in Nature.

Humans are nothing compared to nature. Waves destroy sandcastles and stone castles alike. Hurricanes whip up houses as if they are straws.

Nature reclaims what humans have destroyed. Creeping plants grow over deserted cities and animals seemingly appear.

In nature without humans, a sense of peace exists. No gun-shots. No exploding bombs or argument-induced divorces. No abortion. No stumbling stinky cigarette-butt-littering tourists. No racist language. No language but one universal one - the sound of nature. The weather and animals co-exist in harmony (although I guess some animals eat other animals), the cuteness and simplicity of small animals bringing smiles to the human mind. It's great.

It's what overrides the ugliness and keeps me going. I listen to relaxing music just before sleep to remind me that life is beautiful even though there's too much bullshit at times.
Cos when I fail to see it, stuff gets ugly. It has happened before. It wasn't any good.
But I always remember. Life is beautiful.

Ironically I generally don't like travelling irl. =S
*steps on some animal poo in the forest* *thinks "oh shit! ewww"* (pun not intended)

But let's forget about that.

No comments: