Hey... got my Yearly report today... when it was supposed to be handed out last Friday, but nevertheless... I typed this up btw, my report doesn't actually look like that...
Eng Adv. - still horrible...
Eng Ext. - dropped, don't care. If I didn't, I would have been completely owned
Math - I'm surprised that I rose 10 ranks even though I only improved by one mark...?
Math Ext. - I'm very surprised that my incredibly shit Yearly Exam mark didn't pull the whole whole thing down by at least 10 points... and I would have guessed that my ranking was going to be in the middle, not 28
Bio - I'm very surprised with my ranking. I thought that my 85% yearly mark wouldn't be able to lift my mark that much considering the 69% for my half yearly report...
Chem - Hmm... I want better > . < lol
Eco - dropped, don't care if I rose 3 marks
Physics - O.o 90-somethings intimidate my eyes... I thought I would have got late 80s or if lucky, 90... lulz *sweatdrop*
My reaction in short: I'm surprised (in a mixed way) and kind of happy about it at the same time. At least I improved in everything but Ext. Maths which I was apparently good at anyway. But my English is still shit. :\
What this report tells me: Your sacrifice of Maths Ext for Chem, Physics and Bio was a good move in general. Dropping Eng Ext and Eco were definitely good moves. You've made the right choice to do Physics. Never doubt yourself! Keep trying! Remember how shit you did in the Half Yearly and it's counted in your yearly report so don't take the marks on this report too seriously. You're not going to repeat it (cos you learn from your mistakes, I'm assuming) so hopefully next time it will be better. And nice effort! ...I don't know what to do about your English though... :x
If only English wasn't compulsory... I wouldn't do it! I would do 10 units and care more about bio. Lately my mind's been a little off bio because it's so bludgy... but of course I try to focus. Focusfocusfocus.
If only English wasn't compulsory... I wouldn't do it! I would do 10 units and care more about bio. Lately my mind's been a little off bio because it's so bludgy... but of course I try to focus. Focusfocusfocus.
I have some questions for past HSC students.
Is it normal to be dying within three weeks of starting Year 12?
If so, how do you do well if you're dying?
When people say that doing 4U is basically allowing maths to take over your life, believe them.
The majority of my homework is no doubt, maths. I swear at least 75% of my work is maths. At least. For me, maths work comes in two piles. One is the 2/3U maths, the other is the 4U maths. From what I have experienced so far, I typically get 4 maths exercises a week for each pile. 2/3U usually takes priority for me. That's why I'm like 5 exercises behind in 4U. Yep.
I have a period everyday for maths and sometimes two. Each period is what, about 1hr 20mins?
I find that talking about my senior school life can function as a very appropriate junior-freaking tactic. 'tis true. They freak out and it's funny cos they're only in year 9/10 or something. Year 7s and 8s don't even ask about it, they're prolly too busy either having fun cos ignorance is bliss or being depressed that their "lyf sux"
"Why did you choose 4U maths and all sciences?"
- I do relatively well in maths and science
- Good scaling (with the exception of bio but then, my bio results weren't that bad, so I don't know... just going along with the flow...)
- I'm relatively interested (genuinely interested in physics for sure, cuz im a nwerd)
- They're not as subjective as other subjects so I would have relatively more confidence
- The teachers are relatively good and know their stuff so hopefully their knowledge can rub off on me lol
- When I'm typing up stuff on my computer, procrastination takes over wayy faster... I don't have to do that for maths or science, phew
Short answer: Because I can't choose anything else besides the ones I've got... I generally suck at all things not science or maths... and music is wayyy too risky
Gotta do analysis of a related text for English...


4 comments:
wow i like your background jess! (:
thx Angie!
wow Jess your marks are so High
everything needs to be 10% higher with the exception of physics and english... english needs 25%!! -.- lol
Post a Comment