I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
Firstly it was confusing. I've done some research into characteristics of love and infatuation, and compared these to my feelings. It's pretty interesting imo, not sure if anyone else feels the same about this topic.
from: http://studiesoflove.com/loveromance/crushorlove.html
Ones in bold are true.
"Here are some differences between a infatuation (we use the term Crush beacause it's shorter) and the later stage, love:"
Crush: Intense feelings
Love: Feelings, but also a sense of commitment
Crush: Weakened by time; feelings lessen
L ove: Strengthened with time, feeling grows
Don't know
Crush: makes one worry or obsess
Love: makes one relaxed and confident
Crush: Wondering what the other person thinks of you
Love: Knowing what the other person thinks, and if you don't, you discuss it with them
Crush: Imaginging what it would be like to be together
Love: Knowing what it's like
Crush: Every moment with them is blissful
Love; Sometimes you want to scream because they drive you nuts, but you still love them
Haha bit of both, ironically
Crush: You feel like you need the other person
But I put HSC first. It's hard.
Love: You feel blessed to have the other person
But I also worry about encountering someone better later on.
Crush: We never fight
Love: We fight but compromise and resolve our differences
Not full scale fights though, often done in good humour
Crush: You desire the other person
Love: You want what is best for the other person
The 2nd one prevails.
Crush: You think of them all the time, everything reminds you of them
Love: You think of them when you're making an important decision or planning for the future, but you don't daydream about them any more
Crush: Is exciting and thrilling, fireworks and sparks
Love: is calm and quiet, warm and soothing
Hahaha fireworks and sparks sounds NOTHING like sims!! Or Runescape LOL
Another difference between infatuation and love is the fact that love involves seeing the other person's flaws and accepting them. I do that but I also get outraged.
Physical attraction? I got that too.
Hmm. Maybe we could make this work in the future if we can keep this going for at least another half year. I wonder if anyone feels/thinks the same. I guess it takes time.
My god I cannot stop reading! It's taking me away from Physics!
*Reads http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Long-Distance-Relationship-Work* lololol
How soon is too soon, hmm...
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Ah crush/love, how I haven't felt you in a long time~
Also,
Hahaha fireworks and sparks sounds NOTHING like sims!!
That's not true, how could we forget the infamous fireworks that come out during woohoo? xD
;)
Psh :L mm jess.. like/love cant be generalized.. XD its different for everyone (:
dont make up your mind based on websites la (:
putting HSC first.. proud of you Jess (: mm :l risking getting hurt is really a bad idea atm :L
"But I also worry about encountering someone better later on." :///// there's no 'better', it shouldnt be about that (: so that is redundant! =P
Lol, I went through multiple websites, not just one... and I was trying to categorise things, as I was a bit lost at first.
"risking getting hurt is really a bad idea atm :L"
Wait what? Please explain
"I was trying to categorise things" mmm.. its hard to categorise.. and sometimes better not to try XD often if you just go with the flow things will become clear with time (:
mm well dont get too attached? ^^; if you find they dont like you back you might get hurt :/ & it can be very painful :/
/ if they get a gf
getting hurt usually = cbb school :L
:)
Don't worry Angie, I plan to keep things in perspective. That's what I'm doing now. xD
(: mmkaiekaies (: (Y)
happy for you though :D
Post a Comment