Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Addicted to MBTI theory

I cannot stop reading about MBTI. I've been reading from day to night for the past FIVE days. omg... =.= I think I'm literally addicted. I have done no work. Been sleeping at 2/3, waking up at 11 and getting out of bed at 12, as bad as it may sound. Here I go again.

I realise that as an INTJ, I get along with the Rationals very well. INTP = good for philosophical discussions. ENTJ = source of comedy. Fellow INTJ = understanding. ENTP = source of cheerfulness and ideas. INTP and ENTP in particular are awesome ideas people :P and INTJ/ENTJ I find, are good at assessing them.

I can't stop reading about these these certain personalities for some reason. The other ones, I'm just not interested in (no offence to any other personality). Though ISTJ and INFJ are some minor points of interest for me, I guess.

I keep guessing what personalities people are. E.g. I think my dad is an ISTP. I because he doesn't talk much at all - very laconic. S because his mind just doesn't have that 'snappy' quality to it - unlike the rest of the family. He is the family slowpoke (No offence to ISTP ok, it's just my dad). T because he's definitely not a feeler - very unresponsive to offence. P because he's not a decision maker at all - in fact, he's often the one impeding them to the point where the whole family's like -.- . "The Mechanic" would be the best to describe him imo - he's a chef working long hours cooking the same stuff over and over - prolly a very boring job (I would die doing that). The fact that he can survive that without complaint means he's prolly ISTP. I mean take a look at this http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.html

I'll be frank and say that I cannot tell for sure what personality my mum is. I am definite on the NJ. But upon reading this http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html I would say she is INFJ. I mean, "the Protector" lol. There's no other word to describe her. I - likes to read in her room by herself. N - mind is as 'snappy' as hell. F - because she's hates conflict. J - because she makes the decisions in the house, dislikes inefficiency and hates how my dad is extremely 'P' LOL. Also she seems to be best suited to service/catering/restaurant jobs (something I'M not lol), where you have to deal with people of course, she's got an artistic streak (I do too I suppose, but I can't draw like her) and she gets emotionally into TV dramas. I on the other hand do not - hence my indifference to them, and why I get pissed off if she makes me watch them.

INFJ. No wonder why she gets pissed at me lol; she hates conflict, whereas I don't care and am more into logical arguments, which she tends to hate, of course. xD. If I were a parent, I would sort out the argument logically, much like being the adjudicator of a debate, instead of being like her and going "arghhhh give me some peace!!!!!" "can you two please shut up????" or something to that effect. And unlike me, she's a bit more relaxed on the judging, which can be explained by the F. My personality has also been liked to my mum's, however I find that she lacks logic, so that would make sense for both of us to share the INJ function but differ in the feeling/thinking preference.

My bro - lol. Very ambiguous. I can't tell if he's I or E. Definitely an N. Possibly a T because he says some logical things, but then, he is quite touchy feely with my mum... wtf?? Me - I am not physically intimate with my parents. J or P... I cannot tell either. I'll try and guess again when he's more mature (assuming that would happen lol). INTJ?? O.O. He doesn't give that much of a damn about what people think of him. Me: Dude, can you stop doing that? It's seriously annoying. Him: Cool. *continues*. But then all rationals have that to some degree. ENTP? Mm not bubbly enough - or maybe he's just not showing it to me? ENTJ? But he's not bossy. Though he does tell me to leave his room (I do that to him too). INTP? Hmm, I have a feeling he's not that either... Extremely immature INTJ?? I sense that it's possible he could be influenced by me. O.O And I think over time, he's learnt to 'toughen up' or else keep his feelings inside (just like any typical guy?).

EDIT: Ok I think he's an I; he's even wussier than me when it comes to talking to strangers. :P

EDIT: Alright, new evidence he's INTP:
Him: Hey what's the difference between a teacher who's married and a teacher who's not married?
Me: Um... the fact that one is married and the other one's not?
Him: You're retarded. Get a life.
Me: Huh? What? That was a serious answer.
Him: (angrily) I said get a life!
Me: Wtf...

... In stark similarity to this cartoon (man to the left is INTP, the other one is INTJ, click on the picture to zoom in)


Me - defs INTJ. I - cos I like solitary activities. Like blogging haha. I dislike massive parties. N - to the point, hate waffle/bullshit. T - what I'm doing in this blog. J - Can't you see I'm an avid categoriser in this very post? :P

Turns out that I have supposedly 'inherited' my mother's personality, except from all the stuff that has intrigued me and from my no-nonsense/slightly cold/academic upbringing, I am more of a thinker than a feeler. After all, I didn't care about the fact that I was a loner - dinosaurs were infinitely more interesting than fashion. I was forced to respond to her direct hard attitude with mine - after all, if something attacks you, you fight back, thus the N. I saw (and still see) my father's 'P' as weak (can't help getting pissed off when one's dad keeps delaying decisions), and sought inspiration from my mother, hence the J. The I - well, it's genetic. Scientifically proven. Also, I liked books more than people. People were like aliens to me, frankly. Only over time do I realise the importance of at least socialising a little (sounds sad, but it's true).

Mum - INFJ "The [Uber Azn dominant mum] Protector"
Dad - ISTP "The [should I say rather uneducated family slowpoke] Mechanic"
Me - INTJ - The 'harsh critic' "Mastermind". (no puns intended Bunbun xD)
My Bro - Possible [seriously underdeveloped] INTP

I have finally found an explanation to all the shit (though it's decreased over time) happening in our house!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Carl Jung.

No comments: