Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fricken Old Caucasian Ladies.

*Old Caucasian woman just knocks on my door*
*I look through the curtains* *O.o??*
Me: Hello?
*no response, still reading something*
Me: *loudly* Hello? What's up?
*no response, still reading something*
Me: *louder* Hello?
Woman: Oh hello I want to show you something. Open the door.
Me: ...?
Woman: *starting to get annoyed* I want to show you something.
Me: Erm, hang on. *starts fetching my phone*
Woman: *annoyed* Is your mother there?
Me: No, hang on.
*I call my mum, mum doesn't pick up* *-.-"*
Me: What is it?
Woman:  How rude! *more annoyed* Look, I am your neighbour.
Me: Where do you live?
Woman: *points* Over there. Well since you speak English, I will tell you this, and you tell your mother, okay?
Me: *nodnodnod* (wtf??)
Woman: *rants on about our big tree and how if the branches fall down, it will hit her roof bla bla* Can you tell her that?
Me: Okay.
*woman walks away muttering something about animals, probably outraged at my "rudeness" and being prejudiced against azns*

God dammit, woman. How do you expect me to open the door to strangers?? It's not that I don't respect you! What if you were a mental patient with something dangerous concealed underneath that flabby dress-like thing you wear? What if you are a robber trying to stir up my curiosity so that I will open the door? What if something goes wrong while you're in my house and my brother gets hurt? Exactly, woman.

-.- God I hate strangers (or anyone uninvited, in that case) knocking on my door. And thank God I don't live in an area full of Mormons. Azns are less inclined to visit strangers.

Another thing that bugs me about old-fashioned Caucasian values/ideals.
*(former) English tutor calls in at my place* (this is before I quit her)
Me: *picks up* Hello?
Tutor: Hello can I speak to Jessica there
Me: Yep, that's me.
Tutor: Oh hello Jessica - you should say "Jessica speaking" when you answer the phone. Otherwise the caller won't know who you are!

THAT'S PRECISELY THE POINT. Why should I unconditionally let a stranger know my name? It is my right not to give my name. Ever heard of Identity theft?

Man, what is up with these ideals? No wonder why old people get scammed the most!

Yes, you can tell from reading this that I don't trust strangers easily. And if you (my friends) are going to visit my place or something, please contact me beforehand, k? kthxmuchappreciatedcoolbai.

8 comments:

MonkeyBoy said...

that happens to me sometimes , but the way you put it, you made it seem funny to me i dono why just is!

arnie / angela said...

LOL jess! XD wow your so cautious D: but that lady was a bit too grumpy :L its not like you asked the tree to grow that way XD

Jess said...

Lol you can say that I "inherited" the trait from my mum.

arnie / angela said...

HAHAH, ah yeah that happens D: ive started to notice my mum is starting to walk like my grandma ): i dont like it

E said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLS JESS! :D

my house is .. unique, ya can't knock on my door ;]

Jess said...

Lol why cannot?

E said...

because we steep downwards. there's a gate and my dog will go mad HAHAHA :D

so i've never experienced door knockers (Y)

Jess said...

Lucky you lol