Friday, January 29, 2010

I had a Dream...

that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. that Sydney got nuked.

I remember I was talking to a man of some professional sort (he was wearing a suit so I would suppose he was a real estate agent) in the dining room area of my house, probably talking about selling the house (weird eh?) or something.

My parents were not at home. My brother probably was. Not sure about the uni student, probably so, too.

Anyways I was discussing something with this guy in the late afternoon, then I noticed that everything became darker with a slight red-orange tint and thought "Oh it's sunset already? Wow we must be taking long". We kept talking until I heard a cracking noise similar to thunder. My senses tingled and I felt that something was up. My curiosity led me to turn my head to the right. I looked outside, and saw the most vivid and amazing wall of glowing gas covering the whole sky, probably about a kilometre away.

My heart started to pump fast. I pointed to the flaming wall and said, "I... gotta go."
The guy looked, and said "I... gotta go too."

We both left the house asap onto the pedestrian footpath and went in separate directions - he to the right, I to the left. I brought my school bag with me for some reason.

I turned to see how far the wall was - only about a few hundred metres away! At this point I knew I couldn't escape. I looked around me and saw families coming out of their homes to watch it, as if in wonder, and were huddled together. I guessed if they were to lose their lives, they would choose to do it in the most amazing way, and together as families.

I ran about 10m, adrenaline rushing, before realising that running was futile. I stood there shaking, failing to think of an escape plan.

Meanwhile a silver taxi which had been converted into an ambulance (O.o?) was driving on the road in the same direction as I was running.

I yelled "Ambulance! ...Ambulance!!" and the Indian driver stopped the car. As I was running to the car, another person (some guy) got on, and I heard an angry and agitated man's voice from the back of the car screaming "What are you doing?! Move it!!" presumably to the driver, as if he would kill him if the car wouldn't start moving at that moment. I was like *shitttt please don't leave without me* As the running man closed the door, I opened the one right next to the driver. But the car was already moving... and I woke up and could not get back to sleep.

1 comment:

arnie / angela said...

O_O you have interesting dreams jess XD you could write a book!!!! :D really!