Friday, November 28, 2008

Resilience Week

Right, Resilience Week...

Monday - Wired, a drama performance comprised of two actors acting out some of the issues of senior school life. It was really really well acted out and the themes were seen clearly. I liked that. There was also group discussion after that about our strengths, stress and that kind of stuff, pretty much like a shottier replay of peer support group training session which I didn't like.

Tuesday - Drum Cafe. It was fun! We got to play drums and other percussion (I got to play tambourines) and the people especially the West African guy was funny.

Wednesday - Momentum, a program presented by a guy and his wife. Good messages about motivation and stuff. I like the free lollipops, folders, paper, bags and pens. A majority of it was boring though. It was for me a bit like "yes we get your message now plz go onto the next thing -_-" . But it was cool in the end how he did the Hakka (I think the guy's a New-Zealander) as a lot of people requested.

Thursday - Beach Picnic. Comments are found in previous blog.

Friday - Self-Defence. I reckon this was the most informative part of the week. Talks about stranger rape, gang rape, weapon rape, date rape, how to get out of them, what the offenders think and stuff by a former police officer who studied rapists, yeah lol. But no seriously I learnt a lot and I think everyone enjoyed it. Well, not "enjoy" it cos we were talking about rape lol, but the guy was pretty darn funny. His laugh and acting was hilarious. Anyways, we did some practice of physical confrontation against stranger rapes. Let me remember...

Shout "Back off!", if it doesn't work, gouge eyes, smash nose, punch throat, pull the guy in, smash thigh into groin, stab foot with heel. Watch the guy kinda suffer on the ground. Wonderful.

I'm happy that English tutoring is cancelled for tomorrow. That means I get a week's extension to do my English tutoring homework and I can sleep in more. Or do my maths tutoring homework before Sunday when I will probably be formal dress shopping. Yeah, if you don't know, I'm going to the HGHS formal. Blehh.

Meanwhile I am tired so I should stop blogging. And I shall drink some water cos I'm bloody dehydrated.

No comments: