Lol, I'm quite weird and do a lot of contradicting things which tend to make me feel mixed feelings after I do them. For example today on RS I helped a lvl 24 newb do most of The Knight's Sword quest which is almost the most annoying quest you can find on F2P (wait, what kind of a quest isn't annoying? lol) even though I tend to get people to look at quest guides instead. But seeing that he was new, I felt sorry for him (he got tricked into mining blurite in the ice caves by another noob and was then stuck there) and so I helped him. We literally ran/walked around F2P RS about 3-4 times, went to places like GE, Varrock, Ice Caves. That was really time-consuming. I was lagging REALLY BADLY which really pissed me off not to mention made me unable to talk properly and logged me out about 7 times. My Java app kept screwing up. In the end he had to go so I gave him some last minute tips before he might stuff the end of the quest up. Bye bye new attack level!! Ironically it was me who suggested that he do the Knight's Sword quest and offered to help.
But then, I also feel good that I've helped someone and maybe, just maybe, motivate someone. I've sacrificed my time to improve someone else instead of myself, isn't that a good thing? :)
Now I know this is really obvious, but A LOT of people don't realise this. If you do, then cool. If not then read on.
One thing to remember in RS is not to look down on people just because they are low level or not as high as you. You never know when they'll overtake you and completely own you. I am an example. I was relatively very noob until I overtook heaps of my friends (because they weren't as dedicated as me). If they had disregarded me, then they would have lost a loyal, kind friend (no seriously, I really do value friendship time over my own training time most of the time). Luckily none of my friends has done that so far because everyone on my list is nice. Except for my cousin, but that's quite understandable because he's too pro to be pro.
But like him, all pros start off as noobs, not to mention that pros (like him again) can and do have a habit of making low level accounts to feel new again (believe me, it feels great for some reason, I've tried it). Your mind feels at peace because there's no pressure to train anything when you're a skiller. You can just hang around, chill with cool people*peace sign*, peacefully skill, walk around and enjoy the scenery (opportunity for exploration!!), visit clan wars, watch others slaughter each other, and maybe get remarks from low-to-medium-level people saying "wow how do you know so much about combat training when you're only lvl 3???" and you can say that you have a main acc and show 'em that your main owns their ass (but make sure your main actually owns, otherwise it's kinda hard and a waste of time to go on a non main account imo). This is why I recommend skiller accounts aside from main accounts although I wouldn't play skillers much. My skiller acc is whitethegod so if my main gets hacked or something, then I will be on that acc chillin' just to let you know.
Anyways, low level people could be high-level friends of yours one day, if they are that motivated to train. They could join you in team-games and it feels unbelievably awesome when that happens, especially if you're a social/killing person - that would be the very best of the social side of RS. So help newbs if they need it and avoid calling people noobs (unless they ask for free stuff).
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment