Saturday, August 15, 2009

CityRail more like CityFail (pt. 2)

I was going to my piano lesson. I ran to Denistone Station expecting to catch the train as usual. There were no trains today. There was a sign indicating a Railbus stop. I waited there for 20 minutes without any buses coming ( > . < "). I called my mum who said that I should walk to Eastwood Station to catch the bus there instead. I walked to Eastwood Station. I caught the bus from there to Strathfield. I caught the train from Strathfield to Redfern (it was delayed!!). I walked from Redfern Station to my piano lesson. I was at least 45 minutes late. In total I had prolly spent one and a half hours walking, sitting, standing and running. Returning home, I walked to Redfern Station. Reading the computer sign saying that one of the trains goes to Strathfield, I caught it. It went to Central! I was like wtf... then I got off at Central and caught a Penrith train to Strathfield... after asking the rail guy where the next train to Strathfield will arrive, it was hard to find the computer timetables... then I caught the train to Strathfield, waited in the crowd for a while then got squashed into a bus (I was luckier than the people who couldn't get in). The personal space invasion made me feel like I was in Hong Kong. Literally, I was pressed.

I then endured a trip to Eastwood, consisting of standing while holding onto chair handles, hearing fob talk and hearing some racist bastard saying stuff like "fuckin' asians get off the fuckin' road" "ni hao ma" "Hey chink whatcha lookin' at? You speak ching chong? Ching chong ching chong I'm a chink" "Fuckin' chink" and shit like that. Anyways by the end my legs, back and arms hurt (from all the stopping, turning and accelerating as I was holding on to chair handles).

God that was a waste of time. So much for CityRail trackwork maintenence. I swear I walked/ran at least 2km in total.

2 comments:

Bunbun-sama said...

Did you see the new timetable?

3:17 will be canceled.

Instead there will be a 3:14.

There's a 3:16, but it will terminate at Cheltenham.

Therefore the only train we can take is 3:30.

And on top of all that, we have to get off at Epping.

ShittyFail.

Jess said...

wtf terminate at Cheltenham?? Lol that's screwed up.

3:30 = (N)(N)

Indeed ShittyFail. What were they thinking?