Friday, December 25, 2009

It's the Everlasting Azn FAD

You know what pisses me off sometimes?

Asian parents.

Aunt: Are you confident you'll get 99+?
Me: No... >_>
Aunt: You want to be a doctor right?
Me: No... >_>
Aunt: What do you want to be?
Me: I don't know. Something science related. Maybe a pharmacist.
*adults go chit-chat about HSC and start talking about people doing commerce/law, becoming doctors or lawyers, 99+ UAIs/ATARs or whatever*

WTF??

-.-

OMFG. What the hell is wrong with any uni course NOT med or law?? Seriously what is wrong with this world.

I would like to ask them this. I would like to ask anyone this too, including you guys. If all jobs had the same pay, what would you want to be?

10 comments:

arnie / angela said...

Vet (: i was at a family friend's house today and their son opened my eyes to a something i didnt think of before -

in reality, no course is any "easier" than any other. all Uni course are damn hard to do. the reason why the UAI/ATAR needed is different is merely a matter of popularity.

so many people want to be doctor/lawyer, so how can they decide who to allow in? cause theres only a restricted number of places. well raising the standard is the only fair way~ same with less popular courses - if they arent getting enough people interested well then the solution is to lower the ATAR cut off

so in other words, theres no such thing as a "bad" course or "worse" course. its just a matter of popularity (:

Jess said...

I already know that... but that's irrelevant to my point here. I was not saying anything about difficulty or anything related to what you said. I'll clarify my post.

"I hate assumptions."

"I'm getting so annoyed with all this lawyer/doctor bullshit pushed in my face when I know I prefer other things!"

"I don't need 99+ ATAR to do pharmacy or Advanced Science, so I would wish that they stop pushing me around for that in the same manner as previous."

"I think about things other than money."

Basically I just couldn't hold the steam in any longer ^ ^

arnie / angela said...

hahaha okaie i get you (: you want to be yourself, not who your parents expect you to be

MonkeyBoy said...

perhaps your relatives need a crash course in how the NSW's HSC system works? to believe that 99+ Atar is just absurd. even though K.Rudd has dumb downed the system with his Atar thing (personal view)

Jess said...

Please do explain what you mean by that.

MonkeyBoy said...

i meant, how can people speak about things, or to expect things when they don't have much knowledge of it.

Jess said...

Lol the thing is, they KIND OF KNOW how the system works...

MonkeyBoy said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jrZFwUI-_U&feature=topvideos

its funny and to some degree it relates. hehehehehe

Jess said...

lol damn I would so watch it but my Internet is capped :( *blames bro for this*

Jess said...

Yep I watched it today. I can relate to it pretty well.