Saturday, October 9, 2010

This is me. (Warning, long article)

http://personalitycafe.com/intj-articles/14613-development-intj-children.html

except I'm a bit more open about feelings. I was less coherent. Oh and I wouldn't colour my hair pink, wear weird piercings or take drugs lol. I'm a bit more conservative. :)

Oh, and my teacher didn't say "This child was ready for high school in kindergarten." she said "Jessica is not suitable for selective school." (because I didn't give a damn what she thought of me)

6 comments:

Bunbun-sama said...

"One of Chris's favorite activities when he was four or five was to place his full-length mirror on the floor and look at the world upside down. He could spend hours looking around and imagining living life on the ceiling."

Omg I used to do that all the time! Except I have the mirror at a point between the ceiling and the floor, and walk around holding the mirror, and pretend the ceiling was the floor i.e. step over where the light would be, hahahaha

Cool find, Jessica =)

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered, if you're so interested in personality and people's behaviour/characteristics, why not work in (child) psychology or anything like that? It seems very suitable for you. :3

Jess said...

Thanks Viv. :)

@ Aimee: Mmmm yeah I suppose I can do psychology but I'm actually more of a maths/physical-science person. I would actually rather do Civil Engineering. It has better job prospects too. Psychology would be my side-interest. :)

Doctor.WHo said...

hey Jess - Wing here.
I agree with Viv. I had that funny habit of trying to imagine the world upside down.... And in fact there are quite number of things in the article that sound like me:
- happy to play alone for extended periods of time and are hesitant to get involved in the play of other children. (That's SO me - I did that in preschool and kindy)
- love books
- clear vision of what they want to accomplish and are thoroughly dissatisfied, and even disgusted, with anything less (I'm still like that...)
-like to know what's going to happen in advance and need plenty of preparation time to adjust to changes in plans (DEFINITELY)
- want to be told which clothes match so they can pull together coordinated outfits but are content to live in a messy room
- take longer than one might expect to make a decision, needing time to gather the information necessary to be sure they are confident of their actions. They can be slow to engage or make transitions, but once they've made up their minds, they can be very clear about their positions and unwilling to compromise. (ABSOLUTELY)

But take note - here's a curious thing - I did not actually develop sophisticated language at an early age. At 2 years old I still relied on primitive communication means (gesturing/single words). Must have been because of my ears.

Jess said...

Wing, have you done the Myers Briggs Test? :)

Doctor.WHo said...

yeah i did. from humanmetrics.com
i got:
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted 56%
Intuitive 38%
Thinking 38%
Judging 78%