Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bang.

I feel like I've been hit in the mind by a metaphorical sledgehammer.

You know what? I'm going to dux everything for HSC. If other people can do it, so can I. We are all human. Let's take an example: My teachers/tutors who I look up to are all pros, they can do it. But even pros like them make mistakes. They are human. Just like me. Therefore I have the potential to be as pro as them. Why not I be my best?

I only need to be consistent. No facebook. Hardly ever logging into Runescape, and if I do, I will only be checking out any new features and talking to my Runescape friends. I've been doing it for a month already.

Please do not ask me when I'm going to come back to Facebook/msn/games because I honestly don't know if I'll still be interested the same things after the HSC. Thankyou for your consideration. If you want to know what's happening, just read my blog. This one. Thanks again.

I am a non-pro trying to reach pro-level. So in short, I'm going to have to to work my ******* ass off just as I would have done in Runescape, except this is harder. But I'm prepared to, so I will.

I start now. Since it's 12 already, I'll go to sleep soon. Tomorrow I'll have maths tutoring, ignore any brain fry, organise my papers because it looks as if it has been searched by the FBI, plan my study for shit, then get started on this week's physics/chem.

At any point in time I will think about what I'm supposed to do and play the phrase in my head
"Keep focusing on the task at hand" - King Sancho from the first scenario of the El Cid Campaign from Age of Empires 2 Conquerors where El Cid is challenged by champions lol.

Key three things: consistency, start now, focus.
For three hours a day.

~inspired by my tutors/teachers/rs friend who I don't even know the real name of/some Chinese guy who duxed everything even though he had Leukumia and couldn't go to school for 2 years/Dux College website (thanks Alvan!)

Wow... my mum didn't kill me even though she saw me on the comp and I was supposed to be in bed about two hours ago...

I don't like how my school has a grudge against the "average". If we didn't have the average, what would we have to compare ourselves to? Who the **** would motivate people to push themselves? Ourselves?? What's THAT supposed to mean?? The majority of you teachers think that averages are demotivational. Wtf? If the below average students are genuinely concerned about their marks, they will work their asses off to get above average. Isn't that good? Selective schools should be a training place, not a place for people to bum around for shit. This is the first time in years I've ever admired Ruse. People who don't like Ruse are just jealous. Why would you want your students to have a false sense of security like I did for years? The reason why I didn't work so hard in the past was because I didn't think it would be that serious. But now that I realise, I hope it's not too late to cut my slack even further.

The starting gun's just gone off. Bang. Welcome to the mental marathon. This is my test. I'm going for it. Watch me run.

No comments: