I don't know if you know this type of game, but it looks something like this:

It's in a big glass box (a bit like the ones where you use a claw to grab toys/chocolates) except there is no claw and the inside looks different. You see this screen, which I have uploaded a diagram of, surrounded by numerous packaged prizes hanging off hooks.
Minor prizes: Stickers, cute mini boxing glove which you can attach to your mobile phone or something (I actually wanted one before they pressured me to try to get the major prizes instead), some smiley plastic toys, and some other shit I can't really remember.
Major prizes: A Nintendo DS, A completely black iPod nano, a Nokia phone of some sort, a GPS.
My cousin and bro had tried this game before. My cousin was relatively good (he was two blocks away from the top) and my bro failed miserably. My cousin was aiming for a GPS. He lost at least 5 bucks from this game lol.
I decided to try it out, cos I was being impulsive and wondered how good I am at this kind of stuff. So I asked my mum for a dollar ($1 per try).
The squares initially move across like shown in the diagram, moving one row at a time starting from the bottom and bouncing off the edges (Btw the arrows aren't actually there, I'm just using them to show you how the squares move). You have a single (and fairly big, 10cm diameter?) button to press to stop the squares from moving and "dump" the squares. You try to stack the squares as high as possible.You can get a minor prize by stacking to the minor prize row and choose to "claim prize". Otherwise you choose to continue to try to get a major prize. To get a major prize, you have to stack your way to the top without ANY mistakes. The higher the row, the faster the squares move.
For the first two rows you get three squares. They're pretty easy for people who have some co-ordination.
But it gets harder! For third and fourth row you have two squares, and only one square each for fifth rows and up, not to mention that it gets pretty darn fast. Note that you can have unlimited time before pressing the button. You can press the button any time you want, but it's a matter of your timing/reflexes. When you stop the row from moving, any blocks unsupported by blocks under it will fall to the bottom.So you will want to get all the blocks in a straight line if you want to maximise your chances of winning. You only have a limited number of tries (I think 8?) before the game finishes. Btw the game automatically gives you a square when you reach the minor prize row. I don't know about the major prize row, but I assume it's the same.
This was what the game looked like just before I missed the last row by one square, narrowly missing the major prize. My aunt, uncle, dad, mum, cousin, brother, grandpa, grandma, toddler cousin and maybe some other random people were watching me (no pressure at all). Dammit! Lol.I actually don't need any of the major prizes. I already have an iPod nano, I already have a phone, I don't need a GPS, and I don't play Nintendo DS, nor do I have the time to. Remember I told you that I was initially aiming for a cute boxing glove thing (aww I still want one!!!!). I only tried out for the major prize cos I got pressured to, lol. I had to go home with my family afterwards (why didn't they let me try again nyah!!!).
Um, but yeah. I almost got a nintendo DS. If I did win it, I would give it to my brother who doesn't have a DS then hopefully he would agree to shut up when I'm doing my hw. Omg, that would be so much better than a DS (sorry DS lovers).
Me: If I won the DS and gave it to you, would you shut up when I'm doing my work?
Bro: Yeah.
Me: I can't give you a DS. Is there anything else I can do to get you to shut up?
Bro: Yeah. Give me a PS3.
Me: Well I have no money so I can't get you that either. How about if I buy you something I can afford, like chocolate?
Bro: Nah...
Me: Are you sure?
Bro: Yeah actually you can, but it will be 3 tonnes of chocolate.
Me: I can't buy you that much. Anything else?
Bro: No.
Me: -.-"
Happy Birthday Andrew. You ain't a baby anymore, three years old - becoming a big boy eh? You may be going to preschool soon. Have fun with grandpa.
EDIT: Omg ahaha, someone sabotaged the Wikipedia article on the game I was talking about, rofl!! Click to enlarge.

EDIT 2: I'd advise you not to play this game. It's faddictive (no typo) (As you can see, I felt so torn when I had to leave without a prize!!) so it's kind of gambling. LEGAL GAMBLING FOR CHILDREN. And you should know that Gambling is bad for you. :O
:)
No seriously. Otherwise casinos wouldn't be so rich. And my dad wouldn't lose his wages from time to time.

4 comments:
ROFL I stopped playing that game after I somehow managed to acquire instructions on how to INSTALL it.
This is what happens.
Pretty much, you can only win it 1 in 400 times. Which means that of the 399 times, it forces your square in the wrong spot.
...or something like that, haha.
Are you bloody serious?? ****, lol no wonder I screwed up.
Lol what do you mean by "installing" it?
And how did you acquire the instructions and find out about the 399/400 loss? I want to know! :D
She's just played it THAT many times.
Kidding. >w>
Post a Comment