Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Crazy Mother @ TV Time

I got bashed up by my mum last night. Well, she attempted to. It didn't really hurt, nor was I injured.

Last night my bro and I were watching The Andromeda Strain on Channel 7. It was cool. Until my mum came along and exercised her habit of commenting on EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE BLOODY MOVIE. Whenever she does that, I have recurring thoughts such as "you know what? I don't actually care..." "good for you" "yeah, so what?" "if you don't get what's going on then pay attention to the bloody movie rather than distract everyone else, noob -.-" "dude just give up and go away...". I couldn't hear what was going on, and I wished she would go away because she couldn't get what was going on, due to the great depth of the scientific concepts, plot and language. If you don't get the message by now - my mum is a science/language/western culture/history/geography/other stuff noob. Anyways I told her to "please be quiet because I can't hear what's going on". This is not the first time it's happened.

She got REALLY pissed off, citing my rudeness. In turn, I got pissed off at her reaction - she was acting like a rabid gorilla or something nasty like that. For me, it was like "here we go again... > . > " except to a whole new level.

I said nothing. While she flipped the pages on the newspaper distractedly and noisily, I turned the volume up so that I could hear the movie properly.

My mum turned off the TV fiercely and told us to go away. My bro glared at me. I was like "what! (I didn't do anything wrong)"... but my bro still glared at me.

I honestly couldn't understand why my mum would react so badly. I asked my bro in his room about that. He said "it's your attitude". I said "Yeah I'm just being myself... what did I do wrong?" and he told me to go away.

My mum stormed in and started ranting loudly, hitting me and kicking me. My arms were in the defensive position, protecting my head (cos I care about my head).

Me: Dude I'm sorry!
Crazy mum (even more pissed) : IF YOU WERE SORRY YOU WOULDN'T SPEAK SO LOUD!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR
Me (thinking huh, uhh, this is my normal voice???): *in pansy voice* sorry!
Crazy mum: RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *continues to try and bash me up*

I then gave up and said nothing while my mum continued to go berserk like a crazy woman on drugs.

I wasn't sorry about telling her to be quiet. I was being nicer than I really am, saying "please be quiet because I can't hear what's going on" instead of "please shut up cos your voice is pretty ************* annoying and completely unnecessary, not to mention that you should go away cos you won't understand the movie cos you missed at least 60% of it and you won't understand what they're talking about anyway." As I went away, I said nothing instead of giving her the finger, for obvious safety reasons.

Ohhhh snap, you might say. Wow I didn't know Jess is could possibly be that rude-minded!

> . > Of course not. You obviously have no idea how pissed off I get when I'm trying to cherish a rare moment to do anything but work and someone stops me deliberately. And plus, I'm too well-mannered at school. So I guess, at home is where I unleash some of my chaos? And you should know that my nice-ness depends on your nice-ness. ;) *hint

Oh but JESS, she's your mother!

So? I shut up when other people sleep or are watching a key scene from a movie... I respect their need for some space... shouldn't other people show some manners too?

Mothers are supposed to be role models. Not ranting gorillas? If she has ridiculously high expectations for me, then what's wrong with me having high expectations for her? Well actually I don't, but reasonable expectations? Things like flushing the toilet and washing hands? Using tissues and not your hand? Covering your mouth when coughing?

"No guys are going to like you" - my mum

Wow you are so naive. There's not only one type of guy you know? Guys are just as diverse as girls. THEY ARE HUMAN. Noob. If I don't encounter the right type of guy, I'll stay single. I don't have to be married to be happy.

"I hate looking at you." "I hate looking at your room" - my mum

Then don't look at me. Then don't look at my room.

Mum: You are so rude to me. You hate me. You want to fly away as soon as you finish school.
Me: Haven't you ever loved someone and hated someone at the same time before?
Mum: No.
Me: Woah... and you're what, over 3 times older than me? O.o

You know, this is why I hate watching TV with my family...

Ironic eh? The girl who's starting to get better marks and already has no life gets hated on by her mum even more.

Oh yeah, and because of that incident, I was so pissed off that I locked my room and refused to sleep for a while... so I did maths tutoring hw while listening to rock music (it's like my energy drink) till 1am. I got my mum to sign the Extension 2 maths permission note at 5:55am today before she left for work. She was still pissed off, but not like a gorilla the previous night.

And... today I got extension maths back... it was pretty shit. 66%. Which was the average mark in my class but still. I did so well previously. I supposed I hadn't studied enough this time.

Wait... wtf? But I'm working so hard already. Did I start too late or something? O.o I must have done something wrong. Hmm.

2 comments:

Jean said...

everything will be back to normal in no time.

From me to you, suejean =)

Jess said...

This is how my family normally is. :)