Monday, September 14, 2009

Nerdcore Work Cures Screwed Up Sleep Cycles

I feel like I’m gonna die from all kinds of pain. My head feels so young but my body feels so… old. Please change my eyelids so they don’t feel like magnets!! Save my brain from the zombie called the HSC!!! Save me from the torture of sitting down on chairs for hours cos it’s about as bad as being in an airplane!!! Rawrrrrr *erupts into a bout of coughing* Omg. =.=

It’s not good. Sometimes I can’t tell whether I need sleep more than work, or work more than sleep. I can’t tell if I’ve had adequate sleep or not because even if I did, I'm still tired. I definitely need to do more work, but I definitely need more sleep too. The ironic thing is that I’ve been trying to do both as much as I could. But it still does not feel like enough.

No I am not addicted to work. I just have no choice. There’s a difference between addiction and torture. Wait a minute, really? Hmm. Torture doesn’t mean addiction but addiction means torture. Cos you will undergo torture to get the thing you are addicted to, so yeah. Nvm.

I would like to do things I enjoy, like piano, blogging, youtube or reading about things I’m interested in. But I have no time. It’s crazy. I have so many things I would like to talk about but I can’t tell you everything I want to tell you because I have to sleep asap when I finish my work at 11 or something and too much stuff happens in a short time anyways.

My typical school days

Wake up at 7, high chance of no breakfast

7:45 catch bus to station or sprint to station

Catch train at 8 something, alone cos I choose to be

8:30 prolly buy a cheese and bacon roll from the bakery outside the station +walk to school

8:40 school starts and I go to roll call

8:50 – 10:06: Period 1

Recess – prolly buy something from the canteen, or not if doing work

After 20 mins – Period 2

After 80 mins – Period 3

1:06pm – lunch – prolly buy something from the canteen, or not if doing work

1:42 – Period 4

3:06 – finish school, walk to station, going home

4 – home, eat, shower etc but not on Mondays

5 – 6 I don’t even remember what I do in that time O.o

6-7 prolly having dinner around that time

7 – 11 prolly doing work or procrastinating, depends on how urgent the work is

11 something – prepare for bed and go to bed

around 12 – prolly when I actually go to sleep, if not doing urgent work or last minute studying


My nights if I have no assignments, exams or major school hw… which has not happened in a while

Monday – maths tutoring, then I don’t know

Tuesday – prolly sneaking on the comp while my mum and bro are away, then probably do chem/physics

Wednesday – prolly doing chem/physics

Thursday – prolly doing chem/physics

Friday – chem/physics tutoring, prolly doing any work for english tutoring

Saturday – english tutoring, maths tutoring hw

Sunday – maths tutoring hw

By the way, it is only recently that I have left piano out of my week and so I need to re-organise myself (not that I did in the first place > . < ) and redistribute the timing. I need to allocate more time to physics/chem, definitely english, and maths. And maybe bio revision. Wow, that’s basically everything! Except eco of course but I’m dropping it anyway!

Anyways my brother on the other hand:

Typical school day:

8-8:45- play games/msn

9 something – 3:30 go to PRIMARY school

3:45 – 6 – play games/msn

6-6:30 – dinner

6:30 - 11 – play games/msn at least 80% of the time, other 20% is being pushed around by mum to do a little bit of work or annoying me

^_^

I can’t wait until my bro does the HSC. I will be watching amusedly. Wait, don’t tell me he’ll bug me with questions… shit...

I need more time to sleep but at least I don't stay up till 1 or 2 any more (Too tired at 12 because I work harder than I used to, can't do anything unless it's really urgent and I'm all sprung up about it, otherwise there's no point staying up).

One thing that I've learnt about sleep for students: If you want to quit staying up, do brain-busting homework in a hardcore fashion for about 4 hours at night or something. Look back at the work you done, then go to bed. Feel proud and don't think of anything else. You will be too tired to think anyways. Do not go on the computer or listen to music. You'll drop dead onto the bed and sleep like the Australian Idol contestants did on the ground in Sydney Airport.

No comments: