Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Time to Turn Bad Day into Good Day

Today was a mixture of good and bad things, along with some reminded memories. I was saddened at first, but... positivity, here we go. Worst things first.

I got busted by the orchestra conductor for not going to the Spring Awards Concert. I should have lied instead of saying the truth that I had a hairdressing appointment. Or should I?

Who cares, that helped me make up my mind. I'm quitting orchestra for year 12.

But don't get me wrong, I notice good things about orchestra too. I'm not 100% regretful. If it hadn't been for orchestra I wouldn't have learnt to appreciate string music as much. I wouldn't have known the super-catchy tunes I know now. I wouldn't have started cello and learned that you mustn't take on board more than you can handle. I was surprised that my mum was like "meh" when I told her I got in trouble for not coming to the Spring Concert but then she's right, it shouldn't matter so much. It's not real school anyway. And I will be able to sleep more normally. That's good. Experience whether it's good or bad = learning, as long as you're alive by the end of it.

I got shit for maths extension as I told you before - like 66%. But at least it doesn't count towards year 12. The good thing is that I made it into Extension 2 and learn not to take Maths lightly (I had a false sense of confidence previously). That's what really matters. Learning from mistakes!

Good things (I like this bit better)

New calculator - that's good cos I've had the same calculator since year 7, not to mention that my old calculator sucks cos a lot of the time, I have to use a crazy number of brackets/division signs and the "^" symbol is too inconvenient. I realised that my old calculator sucks after I continually screwed up year 12 Physics calculations problems where I have to sub heaps of data into heaps of equations to find more data. It almost drove me insane.

The new calculator has fraction lines and is twice as thin as my previous calculator. And more streamlined too ^ ^. By time I got an equipment upgrade! I'm thinking of a textbook upgrade sometime soon, too, for maths.

Although the Lipsync concert at my school wasn't really really epic, it would be a better alternative to English and that's all that matters. I didn't expect my maths teacher to be part of it though, lol.

I found out for sure that my science teachers love me more than ever. The maths staffroom treat me nicely too. Except the head teachers still creep me out... but maybe it's just a head teacher thing. They have a sense of... proudness, like the cool and "chin-up" attitude... they obviously love controlling the whole faculty. But then, who doesn't? As a result, they put other people especially me in a state of insecurity. Who knows what they'll do next? Well, I guess that's what work in the "real world" will be like. I gotta deal with it.

Anyways lately I've found that my science teachers are all really interested in me all of a sudden. They seem to love talking to me.

My chem teacher: What did you get for your physics and biology exam?
Me: For physics I got 88%. For bio I got 85%
Chem teacher: What did you get for chemistry? Was it 86% or something?
Me: 88%
Chem teacher: Ooh ok
Me: Yeah, late 80s haha
Chem teacher: That means you'll get 90s for yr 12
Me: O.o what do you mean? You're assuming that I'll put more effort into year 12 than year 11 right?
Chem teacher: Yes. Is that a safe assumption?
Me: Hmm umm maybe? *nervous grin*

Bio teacher on the same day: You did well considering that you started the course late. You don't seem to be handicapped.
Me: Hmm? Did they tell you about me?
Bio teacher: You switched biology classes.
Me: Oh, I thought you were talking about physics for a second, haha
Bio teacher: I've heard that you did very well in physics.
Me: They talk about me?
Bio teacher: Yes. There were some talk about you in the staffroom and it seems that you're being put into positive light.
Me: :o

"You did well considering that you started the course late. You don't seem to be handicapped." Wtf that's verbal deja vu for at least the 2nd time. That's the exact same words as my physics teacher and Science head teacher said. From this I can only conclude that they must have been talking about me. O.o

Yes, my show of enthusiasm has paid off. *collapses on knees and then to the ground like marathon runners do when they win* Yes, no bad comments on my report (but I need to complete the Electricity homework assignment first argh)!! but yeah. You can say that I'm a bit like Cassio from Shakespeare's play Othello, except I'm not a guy lol.

Omg, why the heck do people send chain emails... especially ones about bs and causes... ffs a CHAIN EMAIL will not stop seals from getting bashed up... that's why there's a thing called lobbying the government. Protests, you know? Gandhi style? I reckon that's more effective. Wait, is it? Hmm. Even if the government did take note of it, they wouldn't be able to do much about it. There are no wild seals in Australia... and Australia is such an insignificant country (population of only 21 million). No actually, Australia is so significant that the BUSH GOVERNMENT spelled "Sydney" wrong on their official website in 2007. Tut tut.

But our government is less corrupt than the Chinese government and we have better healthcare than the US, that's for sure. I'm proud to be Australian.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. The hot water got fixed yesterday yeah!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't expect BOTH my maths teachers to be in it.

Jess said...

Haha, true.