Friday, September 25, 2009

Cold Showers & Austen Overload

Hey sup... I'm quite tired but at least I'm taking kind of like a break from work...

Today the hot water tank broke and apparently a lot of water was lost O.o

So I had a cold shower today lol, not sure how long this lack of hot water is going to last for though. O.o

Ugh my mum's telling me to go to sleep wtf... this is my once-in-a-something-I-don't-know opportunity to do something I want to do, and she's telling me to sleep???? ...

"I don't care, you go to sleep"

GRR. I'M STAYING UP COS YOU JUST SAID THAT.

One week till end of Year 11... is it a good thing that things are flying past so fast?

Today Julie Goodwin from MasterChef came to the Prefect Induction Ceremony at my school cos she was an ex-head-prefect, but I'm not a fan of her... I wanted Poh to win dammit. Meh. Who cares, English class got cancelled, that's good.

I don't like Jane Austen books. Or generally any kind of Romantic period type book. It's all too airy fairy and so waffly it's really hard to understand, and if I do, I find it quite pointless. What's so interesting about a bunch of Paris Hiltons and James Packers sitting around gossiping, getting sick, waffling and generally doing nothing much? Even Shakespeare is better, because you can at least understand what's going on (even Shakespearean language is easier to understand than this 19th Century shit, not to mention Shakespearean dramas are lot more dramatic).

Can someone please translate this one sentence? - (Sense and Sensibility Chapter 1)

"The whole was tied up for the benefit of this child, who, in occasional visits with his father and mother at Norland, had so far gained on the affection of his uncle, by such attractions are by no means unusual in children of two or three years old: an imperfect articulation, an earnest desire of having his own way, many cunning tricks, and a great deal of noise, as to outweigh all the value of all the attention which, for years, he had received from his niece and her daughters."

How the heck am I supposed to get quotes from a book full of sentences like that?

"OHHHHHH MR DARCY OMG SO HOTTTTT *screams as if orgasm-ing*!!!!" - some chick I clearly don't share the definition of "hotness" with

O.o uh... no... um... I don't think I know you... *backs away*

3 comments:

Jean said...

hopefully the tank will be repaired soon.

From me to you, suejean =)

Anonymous said...

But Mr. Darcy IS hot. :D

Jess said...

Uh oh, I better back away from Aimee lol.

Thx SJ, I hope so too.