Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yummy Food

It's my grandma's birthday so I went with my family to eat buffet at Lidcombe (or Auburn? I don't know) RSL club. I love the buffet there, best buffet place I've been to so far. Let me remember what I ate, in no particular order:

Savoury stuff:
A bowl of shark fin soup - yum
About 6 cooked mussels (that's the most I've eaten in one meal)- yum except wtf was with some seaweed-hair (I can't tell what it is) attached to about 2 of them (I got rid of the seaweed/hair, of course)
Potato wedges with sweet+chilli sauce - yum
About 5 pieces of California sushi - not too good, not too bad. Average? I hadn't eaten sushi for months
Piece of roast beef with gravy - nice
Piece of curried chicken - nice although it was more like butter chicken
Chicken wing - good
A piece of a piece of crabclaw with sweet+sour sauce from my mum's plate - mm ok but would taste better with sweet+chilli sauce (sweet+chilli sauce owns all)

Sweet stuff:
Cup of milk tea made by me - yum
Small piece of choc mudcake - yum but didn't want to eat any more mudcake after that, on the boundary between acceptable sweetness and sweetness overload
Small piece of spongecake - felt like I was eating air O.o and I didn't eat the icing because that would be too sweet
A piece of some kind of white jelly with sago in it? - not enough flavour tbh
A small piece of some plain yellow cake? - too sweet
Bowl of sago soup - YUM. Not overloaded with sweetness. That was my fav sweet food from this list.
Very small portion of a piece of pavlova from my bro's plate - lol I knew I wasn't going to like it. I've never liked pavlova

I can't remember eating anything else. As you can see from the long list, I was hungry before the buffet.

*kills a mosquito* ugh... that's the bad thing about non-winter. But at least my feet aren't freezing off, that's good.

3 comments:

Jean said...

yummy food are just hard to resist.

ps you're invited to comment on my post too =)

MonkeyBoy said...

all azn food?

Jess said...

I think about 20% of the food available was Asian. I didn't eat salads or anything cos I already eat too much of that at school. I ate more of the kinds of food that I wouldn't be able to eat normally.