Hmm how should I start. I am slightly disoriented atm and a little pissed off at a few things.
All the worst happened and I got a B for my piano exam. I really stuffed the exam up. At home I play well, but when in exam... nahh.
Murphy's Law. The piano was the worst thing I have ever played on. Seems like Conservatorium High has a high tendency to use Steinway grand pianos. They all look great, but are shit to play on. You can't even play loud forte (because you have to apply heaps of pressure) or soft piano (because if you don't put enough pressure, the note doesn't even come out and you're left there feeling like a noob) so I blame the piano for limiting my dynamics. I now hate Steinway pianos with a passion. The chair was not even a piano chair ffs. It was more like a dining chair O.o so it felt so weird. The place where you put your sheet music is so high up I swear that I had to tilt my head about 30 degrees up. That's awful. They also slowed my page turning because I had to reach my left hand so high... higher than my face. And the keyboard width is so small... even for my small kid-sized hands - it did not help me in the exam at all.. That's pretty sad for a piano with a famous name.
The guy didn't ask me anything about the stuff I told you about last night... Unlucky much? -.- Although, I did at some point realise that the general knowledge thing is going nowhere to my advantage so I decided to slip in a few things about Schubert somewhere in my responses. It seemed a bit tacky lol but he did acknowledge it which wasn't that bad.
During the general knowledge part (this is ALWAYS my least favourite part of the exam)
Him: What is a rondo?
Me: A dance.
Him: Is it?
Me (thinking wtf, isn't it??): Yes.
Him: *writes something down on a piece of paper*
Me: O.o
Him: Are all the pieces in Moments Musicaux in ternary form?
Me (****, I don't know): ... No.
Him: Please expand on that.
Me (bullshitting like ****): There are other forms like rondo, such as in here... (flips through pages trying to find a non-ternary song)
Him: Okay we'll leave it at there (he asks another question which I don't remember now)
Exam report: "incorrect definition of rondo" and something on incorrect something on Moments Musicaux
Me: Pfft WHATEVER. Like I give a shit. **** general knowledge. And I swear the guy's gay or something. He's got that gay guy type of voice, and his hair is spiked towards the front and the slightly metrosexual clothes he wears... Really not what I expected from an examiner. Not that I have anything against that... It was just an observation of mine.
(mum speaks in chink, I speak English)
Mum: Are you going to do Amus?
Me: NO.
Mum: I meant after the HSC.
Me: No.
Mum: Well you'll have to learn cello again after the HSC.
Me: -.- aw what??
Mum: Only 2 grades to go.
Me: That's a lot. 6th, 7th and 8th grades are really hard. Too much effort. I don't want to do any more music anymore.
Mum: It's not that hard.
Me: Ha! You don't play any instruments, of course you don't know how hard it is.
Mum: Don't you want to teach kids piano or cello someday? One day you might have kids and choose to stay home. Then you can have a job at home teaching kids piano or cello.
Me: No...
Mum: Wouldn't it be a waste of money not to finish cello?
Me: Wouldn't it be a waste of money to spend money for 2 years on cello which I don't like then I wouldn't touch it forever?
Mum (owned): *silence*
I'm pissed off at my aunt. My dad's big sis. She's just so... um... nvm I don't want to sound like a bitch here and verbally stab her in public, but I just don't like her. My mum and bro also don't like her. But she's staying over at my place tonight. She's makes Murphy's Law work sooo well. She always comes at the worst possible time ever. I'm not saying that she intends to make my day unpleasant but... it always happens. And the stuff she says... is always at the wrong time.
Not a bitch, but a real big noob. No seriously she is. Technological noob, social skills noob, you name it. (oh dayum, I let that out!)
... I'm a bitch :)
Dw she doesn't know English. Don't you dare translate it for her.
And she is so DEAF. Is this like a gene in my family or something? If so, my dad and my bro have it too. I don't know if they do it to other people, but they have a habit of getting me to repeat everything I say. It's bloody annoying. Am I that inconsistent in my pronounciations? Other people can understand me fine. My dad talks SO LOUD on the phone so it's annoying when I'm trying to sleep. My aunt same. My bro... not so bad but when he's in his room he can't seem to hear people calling him to dinner O.o. On the other hand, I can hear things very well, such as my mum sneaking up behind doors and trying to see what I'm doing aka invading my much-needed privacy.
Aunt calls my mum's phone which is in the house and my mum's out. I pick it up.
(conversation is in chinky)
Me: Hello?
Aunt: Hello (my mum) (blablablablabla-)
Me: What sorry? She's not here... she's at grandpa's place...
Aunt: Oh can you give me their phone number?
Me: Yeah hang on... I need to find my phone
Aunt (aside, but a majorly fail one. There's a baby in the background crying and I hate the sound of babies crying): Ai... she doesn't even reply... she's too preoccupied with playing computer games... (hangs up)
Me: (outraged, you know, like HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME AND ASSUME THAT I'M ALWAYS PLAYING GAMES?? Who do you think I am??? Are you deaf, didn't I just tell you I'm looking for my phone??? followed by strings of swearing)
I call back.
Me: Uhh excuse me I'm not playing games???? I was looking for my phone???
Aunt: Oh sorry can you please call their house or something and tell them that I need to be picked up?
Me: Yeah...? >.>
As you can clearly see, I hate people who accuse me or assume that I always play games. They obviously think I don't change. My aunt's not the only one. I quit games. Noobs.
Aunt: *talks loudly in the living room with my mum, making my ears ring and unable to concentrate for shit when I'm supposed to be doing my English speech*
After the exam, I was so tired and disoriented that I just sat in the car stoned/half asleep. At home I got out of my high heels and dress, took a shower, dressed in more comfortable clothing and slept for 2 hours. It was pointless doing any else. I had no appetite.
Mum: Maybe you should eat something. Like bread.
Me: I don't want to eat bread. I got sick last time I ate that.
Mum: Make your own stuff then. *goes away*
Me: Nah I'm too tired and I'm not hungry.
That happens to me a lot. But don't get me wrong. I'm no anorexic. I ain't thin, I hardly do any exercise besides badminton and I eat when hungry. Provided that I have the time.
For some reason, I am addicted to apple juice... other drinks just make me feel sick... O.o"
Hmm, maybe it's cos I've been drinking a mug of apple juice everyday for regular Vitamin C intake ever since I got a really bad cold sore (I was fearing it would be scurvy), and then I must have developed a habit of it... I am reasonably health conscious... reasonably :)
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think a B is pretty damn good. (Y) [of course, if you asked me when I was 10-ish, my opinion would change.]
Personally, playing on grand pianos (whatever brand) are better for me. I hate uprights, but that's because I've always had my grand since I was 5 and my teachers all had grands are their place-- my recent teacher...she had 2 grands in the same room. XDD
As you can clearly see, I hate people who accuse me or assume that I always play games.
AHAHAHA. I GET THAT ALL THE TIME. But I also get accused of watching anime when clearly I'm doing work...
[GAH, IT'S PAST MIDNIGHT, I should sleep. *did some intense maths revision the whole night...*)
Post a Comment